Some things just need to be said...

Friday, July 08, 2005

Conservative blogger smacks Layton


Jack Layton, NDP Leader

Sometimes I think a political cheapshot is okay. I take them myself from time to time. Still I think this shot posted by Kelowna conservative blogger, Ted Gerk at Kelowna Politics crosses over. He copies part of what that Angry Great Northern Blogger rants on about.

The inference he makes is that Jack Layton doesn't care what happened to the people in London. He posted part of Jack's statement on the bombing in London. He left out Layton's first sentance and the last, I guess if he put them in the case that the NDP don't give a damn would be totally lost.

Here is Jack's full unedited statement ...

Statement by NDP Leader Jack Layton on the Terrorist Attacks in London, England

"Like all Canadians, I am repulsed by the violence we have witnessed today in London and express our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and to all those affected.

“I join with Prime Minister Blair, Prime Minister Martin and the other G-8 leaders in strongly condemning these acts of terrorism. We will not allow it to undermine Canadian society, our institutions or our beliefs in democracy, human rights, tolerance, and equality. Indeed, we must go forward today with greater determination to build a world that embraces these
ideals.


“As evidence of that resolve, I urge the leaders gathered in Gleneagles to press on with their stated agenda to address global climate change and to meeting our commitments to fight global poverty.

“Once more, our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at politicsinbc.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
John