Some things just need to be said...

Monday, May 09, 2005

"(Mayencourt is) parroting the party line"

"My gut says you spend more time parroting the party line, and angling for cheap tough-on-crime points, than you do lobbying for your constituents’ needs in the
legislature.

And that’s not the kind of representative I want in Victoria.

I want an MLA who fights for my needs, even when that fight is a losing battle. I want someone I can count on to stand up to his caucus and say, ‘No! My gay constituents won’t stand for that.’

I don’t want an MLA who listens to my needs only long enough to justify his party’s point of view."
~ Robin Perelle, Managing Editor / Xtra! West Apr 28 2005

For more on Lorne Mayencourt and the BC Liberals use the Technorati search box in the sidebar

No comments: